Opeth, by Opeth
- Opeth’s official book
- The full story, in their own words
- Rare and unseen images
- Your name in the Roll of Honour
- Only available here – you will not see it on Amazon or at Barnes & Noble
- Fan registration open now
To celebrate 25 years of making glorious music, Mikael and the band have teamed up with Rocket 88 to create the first official Opeth book.
For the first time the whole band have told their story – and they’ve included the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of life in Opeth – in their own words. There are also contributions from former members, label bosses, management, producers and the people who’ve been there with Opeth during their amazing career.
Opeth’s long and winding story is illustrated throughout with rare and previously unseen images of life on the road, on stage, in the studio and hanging out at various locations around the world. You couldn’t get closer to Opeth than in the pages of this book.
Be part of it
You can help make this a truly unique book. Rocket 88 invite fans to contact them with details of photos, posters, tickets, flyers or any visual item that you think will add to the greatness of the book.
Don’t send images yet, though, just let Rocket 88 know what you have so that they and the band can choose which of your contributions to feature in this stunningly designed record of Opeth’s 25 years. You could be a part of the Opeth book.
The story starts now
Register your interest now and you’ll be the first to hear as the book takes shape. You’ll get an exclusive opportunity to have your name printed in the book, and we’ll also give you a special discount on the published price as a thanks for your involvement. There’s no obligation to buy, we won’t pass your details to anybody else, and we don’t send spam mail.
- Now Register your interest and confirm your subscription to our mailing list.
- Next When preorders open, we’ll send your exclusive supporter discount, and you’ll be able to add your name to the Roll of Honour.
- Finally Be amongst the first to get your hands on this piece of Opeth history.
Books with extra thrust
Based in London, Rocket 88 are a small team of believers. Believers in music, in art, in history, in stories and in rock ‘n’ roll. But don’t take our word for it – here’s a sample of what artists, fans and reviewers are saying about our previous books. You’ll find even more on our main site.
I have read the book cover to cover within 2 weeks. Once I started, I could not put it down.
Brandon Manchego on Lifting Shadows
Beautifully packaged, eruditely written and full of insight … Barrett feels like the ultimate work of art
Mojo on Barrett
I think every band should have a book like this – every good band.
Murph, Dinosaur Jr. on Dinosaur Jr. by Dinosaur Jr.
Got questions? We’ve got answers
- How do I register?
- Just click or tap here to add your address to our mailing list. You’ll then receive an email message asking you to confirm your subscription. Follow the instructions in the message to make sure you get the latest updates.
- What happens when I register?
- Once you’ve confirmed your subscription to our mailing list, we’ll let you know by email when the book is available for preorder. We may also tell you about other projects you might be interested in, but we don’t send spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- When can I preorder the book?
- The date hasn’t been announced yet, but register your interest to make sure you are the first to know when it is!
- Where will I be able to get the book?
- The book will only be available from Rocket 88. You will not see it on Amazon or at Barnes & Noble.
- I’ve registered. How else can I keep up with this project?
- Follow us! We’re on Facebook and @rocket88books on Twitter.